Avoiding the Dreaded "Freshman 15"

We've all heard about the freshman 15, the fifteen pounds you gain your freshman year. This was honestly something that really scared me when I first found out about it. I came to school at the beginning of the year with the set goal of staying healthy, active and, of course, avoiding the freshman 15. So far I have been pretty successful, in fact, I've actually lost weight. So I thought I'd share some tips.

1. Have a Balanced Diet
Now, for every freshman, there is the temptation to eat unhealthy junk food. You are away from the parents; nobody can tell you what to do or what to eat. But it is important to keep balanced. The occasional soda is okay, but not every day. That being said, don't go on a diet as they often leave you undernourished. You need proper nutrition in order to study for classes.

2. Get a Workout Schedule Going
It is important to start this in the beginning of the semester when classes aren't in full swing yet. Find a form of working out that works best for you. It has to be something you enjoy or you won't be motivated enough to keep it going. I am not a huge fan of running. All the movement combined with my low blood sugar makes me really dizzy. I do, however, enjoy vinyasa yoga, which is designed to increase metabolism, burn fat, and relieve stress.

3. Get a Workout Buddy
Keeping up with a workout schedule on your own is difficult. Getting a friend to help out will keep you motivated and make it more enjoyable

Well, those are all my tips for now. I hope they help all of you stay healthy and regret-free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Harry Potter sharpie mug

DIY: Flower RIng

Spelling Out Your Workouts